As the course unfolds, we’ll use this page to share resources, including data sets, links to video tutorials, presentation slides, and other materials. If you have suggestions about resources that you’d like to see here, please let me know.
- Course Overview
- Working with MAXQDA Episode 1 – Getting Starting
- Working with MAXQDA Episode 2 – Importing and Organizing Text
- Working with MAXQDA Episode 3 – Attributes
- Working with MAXQDA Episode 4 – Coding Basics
- Identifying themes
- Building and applying codesbooks
- Making comparisons
- Word-Based Analysis
- Schema Analysis and Grounded Theory
- Content Analysis and Content Dictionaries
- Content Analysis Examples – Wutich
MAXQDA Keyboard Shortcuts
Here is a cheat sheet (PDF) to keyboard shortcuts for common tasks in MAXQDA.
Here are the illustration data sets we will use in exercises. Each data set is provided as a compressed (.zip) folder you will need to extract onto your own computer after downloading.
Some word-based analyses require use of a stop list. Here is a standard list of stop words in English that you can adapt to your own needs.
For stop lists in other languages—including Spanish, Portuguese, and French—see the collection of stop lists at the Université de Neuchâtel.